Monday 23 July 2012

Day 1: 16 July 2012 - Inspirational and Interesting

As a student, I will always look forward to the teacher who will be conducting the lesson. Not by their physical attributes but rather how much I could connect in the class and make my learning a worthwhile one. In my opinion, an efficient teacher is very important to engage the students and inspire them with the gained knowledge that is delivered. A U.S. educator once quoted, "A teacher who is attempting to teach without inspiring the pupil with a desire to learn is hammering on a cold nail" (Horace Mann 1796 - 1859).
Having said that, the content alone is insufficient to ensure learning takes place. Besides the series of nteresting hands-on exercises, I must thank Dr Yeap for being very loud and clear in his explanations throughout the entire class. I could sense his energy and excitement in his lesson delivery that is engaging as well as mind boggling. Most importantly, he gives a different perspective towards the learning of Mathematics.Somewhat like a young learner, I was amused by the Spell Number Name (Card) activity. Interestingly, it was not simply magical however more into challenging you to see the pattern in the card arrangement.  

No comments:

Post a Comment